Subject: bug#72941: jsonrpc: Check if parameters are in line with the spec

From: Felician Nemeth <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Oct 2024 13:41:06 +0200

Daniel Pettersson <[email-masked]> writes:

> Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> So do we want to close this as wontfix?
>
> Yes, if anybody would clarify the variable type expectations
> documentation that would be great but all in all this is would be
> wontfix.

I can accept this decision.

>>> From: Felician Nemeth <[email-masked]>
>
>>> Maybe when the server responds with an error to a jsonrpc-request, then
>>> jsonrpc.el could create an additional warning if the params of the
>>> request was not structured.  Or maybe it is too much work for a very
>>> small gain.
>
> It seams like something that would be a bit of mess and I would expect
> that an sane jsonrpc server would include the reason for error in the
> error response.

The server I used did not return an error message, from which I could
easily understand the real problem.

Thanks.