Subject: bug#72941: jsonrpc: Check if parameters are in line with the spec

From: Felician Nemeth <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2024 19:13:16 +0200

>>> Would it be possible to extend jsonrpc.el to check the params argument
>>> of jsonrpc-request, jsonrpc-notify, and jsonrpc-async-request whether it
>>> is a structured value?  And if it is not, then guide the programmer to
>>> the above URL with a warning.
>
> The use case makes sense to me, but I would go with updating the docs
> rather then the API.  The current wording could use some love as it's
> refereed to as JSON object or plist (at different functions).  When it
> should be plist or vector, where we could throw in a link to the
> specification.

Makes sense.

> I am not for signaling an error or similar as it's a breaking change in
> my book, which does not seam called for in this case.

Maybe when the server responds with an error to a jsonrpc-request, then
jsonrpc.el could create an additional warning if the params of the
request was not structured.  Or maybe it is too much work for a very
small gain.

Thank you.