Subject: Re: bug#72939: guix import crate produce broken package definition

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2024 15:04:07 +0200

Hi Aleksandr,

(Cc’ing potentially interested parties.)

Aleksandr Vityazev <[email-masked]> skribis:

> guix import crate sanakirja-core

[...]

>     (arguments
>      `(#:cargo-inputs ,(list ("rust-crc32fast" ,rust-crc32fast-1)
>                              ("rust-ed25519-zebra" ,rust-ed25519-zebra-2)
>                              ("rust-sha2" ,rust-sha2-0.10)
>                              ("rust-uuid" ,rust-uuid-1))))

[...]

> quasiquote and unquote in arguments are unbalanced. Probably introduced
> in b8af6694b9bbea96e8b0d1c9aea64b7f8e690812.

Indeed.  Fixed in 89413a11625dd6c548827dd0078ebe0191086597 by reverting
that commit.

Commit b8af6694b9bbea96e8b0d1c9aea64b7f8e690812 originates from
<https://issues.guix.gnu.org/49531>, which included more work, such as a
‘guix style’ feature to update Rust packages to this new style.  I don’t
think the part about Rust packages reached consensus though.

Thanks,
Ludo’.