Subject: Re: [bug#72935] [PATCH] gnu: python-mpv: Update to 1.0.7.

From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 01 Sep 2024 19:05:35 +0200

Hi Ian,

Ian Eure 写道：
> * gnu/packages/python-xyz.scm (python-mpv): Update to 1.0.7. 
> The recent
> core-updates merge broke the previous version of this package, 
> so I updated to
> the most recent upstream while fixing the build.  Upstream 
> switched to
> pyproject, so use that build-system and add packages the tests 
> need.  Upstream
> added an environment variable to skip the test the previous 
> package patched
> out, so use that rather than changing the source.

Thanks!  I rewrote this to follow our more formal change log 
standards:

    gnu: python-mpv: Update to 1.0.7.
    
    This fixes the build after the core-updates merge.
    
    * gnu/packages/python-xyz.scm (python-mpv): Update to 1.0.7.
    [source]: Remove snippet obsoleted by PY_MPV_SKIP_TESTS.
    [build-system]: Switch to pyproject.
    [arguments]: Set newly-available PY_MPV_SKIP_TESTS variable.
    [native-inputs]: Add python-pytest and 
    python-pyvirtualdisplay.

> +       (modules '((guix build utils)))))

Origin [modules] are only ever used for snippets, so with the 
snippet gone this served no purpose.  Removed.

>      (arguments
> -     (list #:phases
> -           #~(modify-phases %standard-phases
> +     (list
> +      #:phases #~(modify-phases %standard-phases

After our chat on IRC, I reverted this dubious ‘guix style’ 
indentation change.  This makes your diff a breeze to read and 
shortens some lines that had grown over 80 characters.

As things stand, I don't recommend running ‘guix style’ on 
existing code.  Maybe one day.

> +    (native-inputs (list
> +                    ;; needed for tests
> +                    python-pyvirtualdisplay python-xvfbwrapper 
> python-pytest))

I added the newlines that we both preferred.

Line comments (;;) are full sentences, so

  ;; Needed for tests.

Pushed, minus some other ‘guix style’ noise, as 
a977900d76b7585c401222a3ce8bbb82e5f6da45.

Kind regards,

T G-R