Subject: [bug#72925] [PATCH v3] adding jpm package

From: Suhail Singh <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Oct 2024 18:07:51 -0400

Omar Bassam <[email-masked]> writes:

> I don't think this should be related to this patch.

As I mentioned previously, I believe your packaging of "jpm" is
correctly done.  I was hoping to get some understanding as to why it
doesn't work as expected, however.

> Also, if you are running a guix shell with --pure flag, try adding
> coreutils to your shell because jpm calls the "cp" command when building
> libraries.

As noted previously, coreutils is included as a dependency in the
profile.

> I tried with "jpm install -l spork" and with "jpm install -l sh" and it
> works fine.

Both fail for me.

Is my understanding correct that you're not using a "--pure" shell and,
thus, have "cc" provided by the system?  Could you please share the
output of "type cc" in the environment where you ran the above jpm
commands?

> I believe the --cc flag is meant to be used for the jpm build command.

Even though it's listed under "Global options" for jpm?  Interesting.
If true, that would certainly explain why passing --cc didn't seem to
help.

-- 
Suhail