Subject: [bug#72925] [PATCH v3] adding jpm package

From: Suhail Singh <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Oct 2024 14:21:13 -0400

Omar Bassam <[email-masked]> writes:

> This is expected as the jpm install command is meant to install janet
> packages globally which would be impure.

It would help for this to be noted in some manner.  Be it in the
description or as comments in the package description.

> To install janet packages to your local project directory, you need to add
> the "-l" flag as follows:
> jpm install -l sh

Does this work for you (for jpm installed via guix)?  If so, could you
please confirm the set of dependencies you have installed in the guix
profile for the above to work?  If not, could you provide an example
invocation that I could test out which would allow me to install a janet
dependency in a local directory?

> Maybe in the future we can add a "janet-build-system" that will allow us to
> add janet packages to the guix repository.

That would be helpful.

-- 
Suhail