Subject: Re: Adding JPM package for Janet

From: Suhail Singh <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 05 Jan 2025 16:12:24 -0500

"jgart" <[email-masked]> writes:

> I will try to review it next weekend when I free up some time
> hopefully.

Thank you.

> Can the contributor please summarize for me/fill me in on the latest
> version,

Omar submitted the original patch series that spawned the issue.  I
reviewed the patches.  However, at some point it was easier to provide
feedback by submitting a revision myself.  Specifically, v12 was
submitted by me.  Ludo requested some further tweaks.  I was able to
partially address that feedback in v13.  The possibly outstanding point
(which may or may not be a nitpick and may or may not be relevant), is
noted in <https://issues.guix.gnu.org/72925#69>.

> if it is able load janet packages with jpm

Yes.

> and what they have tested that works so far

For v13, given a profile containing only jpm, bash, coreutils-minimal
and nss-certs and loading it using something like the below:

#+begin_src sh
  guix shell --pure -CPWN \
    -E '.*GTK.*|.*XDG.*|.*DISPLAY.*|TERM|INSIDE_EMACS' \
    -p /path/to/profile
#+end_src

I have tested using the below commands:

#+begin_src sh
  cd /tmp
  mkdir -p review-72925 && cd review-72925
  jpm install -l sh
  jpm install -l spork
#+end_src

Based on <https://issues.guix.gnu.org/72925#59>, I believe Omar may have
done some additional testing as well.

-- 
Suhail