Subject: [bug#72925] [PATCH v12 0/2] gnu: Add jpm package.

From: Suhail Singh <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Oct 2024 00:13:01 -0400

Hello Guix,

This revision adds some changes to Omar's patch for adding JPM to Guix.

Since I am not an experienced Guix user, nor do I frequently deal
directly with GCC, it is possible that the revisions I introduce in the
second patch are misguided.  I request someone with more (relevant)
experience to review these and make the determination on whether or not
the changes I introduce ought to be accepted as is, modified, or
rejected outright.  If rejected, please share a summary of the reasons.

AFAIU, jpm invokes gcc/g++ in order to compile Janet modules.  With my
changes, in a pure container with networking enabled and nss-certs
available the below commands succeed:

- jpm install -l sh
- jpm install -l spork

Without my changes, the invocation in the first item above (without
additional flags being passed by the user) fails due to missing header
files (<linux/falloc.h>).

Regards,
Suhail

Omar Bassam (1):
  gnu: Add jpm package.

Suhail (1):
  gnu: Improve user-experience for jpm.

 gnu/packages/lisp.scm | 82 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 1 file changed, 82 insertions(+)

base-commit: 73ec844389e91cb0f5a2647070516fc8d19d8730
-- 
2.46.1