Subject: bug#72917: ffmpeg@{3,4,5} build failures on i686-linux

From: Dariqq <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2024 17:39:54 +0000

Hi André,

On 03.09.24 16:24, André Batista wrote:

> 
> I'm sorry for that, I should've checked that this string would match on
> earlier versions of ffmpeg. Looking back, replacing the 'die' clause
> would make more sense. However, since changing it now would trigger
> many rebuilds, I'll send a patch which changes the match only for the
> broken earlier versions.
> 

Thanks, your patch looks a lot more sensible than my bruteforce way.  I 
have successfully rebuild my system with your patch applied.

What would be the best way to get it to master? QA seems to think the 
issue contains no patch.

> Thanks for reporting and feel free to CC me if/when you see that a patch
> of mine has been incomplete or otherwise has caused issues.

Have a nice day,
Dariqq