Subject: Re: [bug#72912] [PATCH 0/1] Update Minetest to 5.9.0 (again)

From: Jan Wielkiewicz <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2024 23:37:30 +0200

On Fri, 06 Sep 2024 20:19:06 +0200
Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Am Freitag, dem 06.09.2024 um 13:45 -0400 schrieb Leo Famulari:
> > So, I'm wondering if minetest-game should depend on or even
> > propagate minetest? Like, what is the correct method for a new user
> > to install and run the Minetest game with Minetest 5.9.0?
> I would guess it's `guix install minetest minetest-game', but note
> that you could also have `guix install minetest minetest-mineclone`.
> I would use the same pattern that we already use for Guile, Emacs,
> etc. and just require that the base package be in the profile.
> 
> Cheers

By this you mean I'd have to add minetest as a propagated input for
each package that needs it to run? I could do that, but I believe this
is out of the scope of the current work. I'll update minetest packages
in a future PR and while doing so I'll add minetest to propagated
inputs.

But right now packages don't depend on minetest and putting that in
this issue would be scope creep.

Is there anything else I need to do in order to get this merged?

--

Jan Wielkiewicz