Subject: Re: bug#72891: [PATCH RFC] doc: Define the purpose, membership, and creation of teams.

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Sep 2024 10:58:46 +0200

Hi Simon,

Simon Tournier <[email-masked]> skribis:

> On Fri, 30 Aug 2024 at 12:12, Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> wrote:

[...]

>> +@c TODO: Currently ``consensus-based decision making'' is discussed
>> +@c under ``Commit Access''.  Move that elsewhere and refer to it from
>> +@c here.
>
> If we are at it.  I think this “section Teams” should be moved to its
> own section and not a subsection of “Submitting Patches”.
>
> The “consensus” should also move to its own section.

Yes, I agree (I wanted to minimize changes here so we can focus on just
this one thing).

> See v2 for a proposal.

Nice!

>> +As an example, the Python team is responsible for core Python packaging
>
> [...]
>
>> +To list existing teams, run the following command from a Guix checkout:
>
> What is missing between the brackets [...] is a link to “Reviewing the
> work of others”.  Somehow, I would add a sentence clarifying “its work”.
> For instance, I propose a last sentence in the paragraph:
>
> As an example, the Python team is responsible for core Python packaging
>
> [...]
>
> the entire community.  Other said, teams provide feedback on patches
> touching its scope (@pxref{Reviewing the Work of Others}).

The first paragraph reads:

  A team's primary mission is to coordinate and review the work of
  individuals in its scope (@pxref{Reviewing the Work of Others}); it
  can make decisions within its scope, […]

I don’t think that needs repeating.  The second paragraph is a list of
examples of what the first paragraph describes.

Thanks,
Ludo’.