Subject: [PATCH v2 1/3] doc: contributing: Move consensus.

From: Simon Tournier <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2024 20:05:32 +0200

* doc/contributing.texi (Consensus Decision): New section.
Ccommit Access): Move consensus decision to its section.

Change-Id: I7f35b5cea5f7a7a6facbe0ef6f0fdbd98d8a68a7
---
 doc/contributing.texi | 26 ++++++++++++++++----------
 1 file changed, 16 insertions(+), 10 deletions(-)

diff --git a/doc/contributing.texi b/doc/contributing.texi
index 73f7addbef..46d316294a 100644
--- a/doc/contributing.texi
+++ b/doc/contributing.texi
@@ -31,6 +31,7 @@ Contributing
 * Coding Style::                Hygiene of the contributor.
 * Submitting Patches::          Share your work.
 * Tracking Bugs and Changes::   Keeping it all organized.
+* Consensus Decision::          Deciding based on consensus.
 * Commit Access::               Pushing to the official repository.
 * Reviewing the Work of Others::  Some guidelines for sharing reviews.
 * Updating the Guix Package::   Updating the Guix package definition.
@@ -2664,6 +2665,19 @@ Cuirass Build Notifications
 where each RSS entry contains a link to the Cuirass build details page
 of the associated build.
 
+@node Consensus Decision
+@section Consensus Decision
+
+By using consensus, we are committed to finding solutions that everyone
+can live with.  It implies that no decision is made against significant
+concerns and these concerns are actively resolved with proposals that
+work for everyone.  A contributor (which may or may not have commit
+access) wishing to block a proposal bears a special responsibility for
+finding alternatives, proposing ideas/code or explain the rationale for
+the status quo to resolve the deadlock.  To learn what consensus
+decision making means and understand its finer details, you are
+encouraged to read @url{https://www.seedsforchange.org.uk/consensus}.
+
 @node Commit Access
 @section Commit Access
 
@@ -2679,16 +2693,8 @@ Commit Access
 thought of as a ``badge of honor'' but rather as a responsibility a
 contributor is willing to take to help the project.  It is expected from
 all contributors, and even more so from committers, to help build
-consensus and make decisions based on consensus.  By using consensus, we
-are committed to finding solutions that everyone can live with.  It
-implies that no decision is made against significant concerns and these
-concerns are actively resolved with proposals that work for everyone.  A
-contributor (which may or may not have commit access) wishing to block a
-proposal bears a special responsibility for finding alternatives,
-proposing ideas/code or explain the rationale for the status quo to
-resolve the deadlock.  To learn what consensus decision making means and
-understand its finer details, you are encouraged to read
-@url{https://www.seedsforchange.org.uk/consensus}.
+consensus and make decisions based on consensus (@pxref{Consensus
+Decision}).
 
 The following sections explain how to get commit access, how to be ready
 to push commits, and the policies and community expectations for commits

base-commit: 7fa9df431e9423e2b79c8c520de1d0ef7aed910d
-- 
2.45.2