Subject: bug#72887: closed (Re: bug#72887: 31.0.50; use-package: :diminish keyword doesn't work unless form re-evaluated)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2024 18:14:02 +0000

Your bug report

#72887: 31.0.50; use-package: :diminish keyword doesn't work unless form re-evaluated

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
72887: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=72887
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#72887: 31.0.50; use-package: :diminish keyword doesn't work unless form re-evaluated
From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2024 11:12:14 -0700
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

[email-masked] writes:

> This was fixed by the bca315aa "Fix broken use-package tests" change.  I apologize for not updating the ticket earlier.

OK, thanks.  I'm therefore closing this bug report.

Subject: 31.0.50; use-package: :diminish keyword doesn't work unless form re-evaluated
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2024 22:33:57 -0700
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

the use-package :diminish keyword is not removing indicators from the mode-line unless the form is evaluated a second time.  This was previously working as expected.  This might be related to the fix for #72453.

;; evaluate the following forms (in *scratch* or from init file)
(use-package diminish :ensure t)
(use-package which-key :init (which-key-mode) :diminish)

;; "WK" indicator appears in mode-line.

;; re-evaluate and the "WK" indicator is removed as expected.
(use-package which-key :init (which-key-mode) :diminish)

In GNU Emacs 31.0.50 (build 1, aarch64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
 3.24.41, cairo version 1.18.0) of 2024-08-28 built on ubuntu
Repository revision: e97ab1c41332e179939f457cc010a606a5124ff8
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12302006
System Description: Ubuntu 24.04.1 LTS

Configured using:
 'configure --with-pgtk3 --prefix=/usr/local/emacs
 --with-native-compilation=aot --with-tree-sitter --with-xwidgets
 CFLAGS=-O2'

Configured features:
CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG LIBOTF
LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER
PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS
TREE_SITTER WEBP X11 XDBE XIM XINPUT2 XPM XWIDGETS GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  which-key-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  minibuffer-regexp-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug which-key use-package-diminish comp-run
comp-common rx diminish warnings compile comint ansi-osc ansi-color ring
diminish-autoloads loaddefs-gen lisp-mnt radix-tree tar-mode arc-mode
archive-mode cus-edit pp cus-start cus-load wid-edit mm-archive message
sendmail yank-media dired dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived
gnus-util text-property-search mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-utils gnutls network-stream url-cache url-http
url-auth mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 mm-util ietf-drums
mail-prsvr url-gw nsm puny epg rfc6068 epg-config finder-inf package
browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history
url-cookie generate-lisp-file url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers
url-parse auth-source eieio eieio-core icons password-cache json map
byte-opt url-vars cl-macs gv cl-extra help-mode use-package-ensure
cl-seq use-package-core bytecomp byte-compile time-date subr-x
cl-loaddefs cl-lib rmc iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel
term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd touch-screen tool-bar dnd fontset
image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode
lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch
easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax
font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic
indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button loaddefs
theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads xwidget-internal dbusbind
inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo
gtk x-toolkit xinput2 x multi-tty move-toolbar make-network-process
native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 158728 22928) (symbols 48 12379 0) (strings 32 43742 1983)
 (string-bytes 1 1294473) (vectors 16 20312)
 (vector-slots 8 251460 8250) (floats 8 59 22) (intervals 56 331 0)
 (buffers 992 13))