Subject: bug#72870: [PATCH] Flow fill texts after the last hard newline

From: Pengji Zhang <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 08 Sep 2024 19:56:28 +0800

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

> AFAICT, this function exists for the special case of decoding 
> email messages. Can email messages have flowed-encoded text 
> without a hard newline at the end? 

I think you meant "encoding"? Anyway, if I understand it 
correctly, an email message should always end with a newline, but 
it is not necessarily a hard newline. For example, 'message.el' 
inserts a normal newline:

  https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs.git/tree/lisp/gnus/message.el#n4944

I am not sure what other MUAs do, though.
 
>> PS I have sent an email to [email-masked], but have not got a 
>> response yet. I think I have not finished the copyright 
>> assignment  process? 
> 
> No.  Please ping them and CC me, so we could get your paperwork 
> process going. 

Will do. Thanks!

Pengji