Subject: bug#72866: [PATCH] Add ediff-copy-all-X-to-Y functions

From: Robert Pluim <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Sep 2024 12:32:42 +0200

>>>>> On Sun, 1 Sep 2024 08:59:53 +0200, Paul Nelson <[email-masked]> said:

    >> > This patch binds functions in Ediff that copy all changes from one
    >> > buffer to another, without having to manually go through each
    >> > difference.  Any feedback welcome.
    >> 
    >> Can you describe situation(s) where these commands will be useful?

    Paul> I use Ediff to merge documents outside of git, like when
    Paul> working with someone over email or using a computer program to
    Paul> refactor code.  Sometimes all changes go one way, say from B to A.
    Paul> The standard workflow then involves pressing "n" to review and "b" to
    Paul> apply each change.  When the changes turn out to be mundane, this
    Paul> leads to repetitive "n b" keystrokes.  The proposed patch allows a
    Paul> more efficient process: rapidly review with "n", then apply all at
    Paul> once using "C-c C-b".

The functionality seems useful. I wonder if it makes more sense to
have them triggered by the prefix arg, eg "C-u b", "C-u a b",
etc. rather than having to keep Ctrl pressed.

Robert
--