Subject: Re: bug#72866: [PATCH] Add ediff-copy-all-X-to-Y functions

From: Paul Nelson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 1 Sep 2024 08:59:53 +0200

> > This patch binds functions in Ediff that copy all changes from one
> > buffer to another, without having to manually go through each
> > difference.  Any feedback welcome.
>
> Can you describe situation(s) where these commands will be useful?

I use Ediff to merge documents outside of git, like when
working with someone over email or using a computer program to
refactor code.  Sometimes all changes go one way, say from B to A.
The standard workflow then involves pressing "n" to review and "b" to
apply each change.  When the changes turn out to be mundane, this
leads to repetitive "n b" keystrokes.  The proposed patch allows a
more efficient process: rapidly review with "n", then apply all at
once using "C-c C-b".

>
> I think all we need to install this is a suitable NEWS entry.
>
> Thanks.

I've updated the patch with a NEWS entry (formatted to the best of my
ability), together with updates to the Ediff manual and the internal
help system.  Happy to revise further if I missed anything.

Thanks, best,

Paul