Subject: Re: bug#72859: Segmentation fault on guix pull / guix system reconfigure

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2024 13:53:36 +0200

Hi,

Rodion Goritskov <[email-masked]> skribis:

> Today, after successfully doing the "guix pull" command, subsequent runs
> of "guix pull" or "sudo guix system reconfigure" leads to the following
> uninformative error:
>
> rodion@bumblebee-mighty ~$ guix pull
> Updating channel 'guix' from Git repository at 'https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git'...
> Segmentation fault

Turns out my libgit2 fix was partial.  Fixed with
d5312370b46ace47e138d84e1bb28e5651cee94b.

To come back to a usable state, you can do:

  guix pull --roll-back && guix pull

Alternatively, you can run ‘guix pull’ using another, bug-free ‘guix’,
as in:

  /run/current-system/profile/bin/guix pull

Thanks for quickly reporting the bug!

Ludo’.