Subject: bug#72852: closed (Re: bug#72852: Testsuite summary for GNU Automake 1.17 on x86_64-apple-darwin20.6.0)

From: Eric Gallager <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2024 22:59:10 -0400

On Tue, Sep 10, 2024 at 6:46 PM Karl Berry <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> Hi Eric - I've just committed a change that I hope fixes the version
> number problem.  (See https://bugs.gnu.org/72157)
>
> However, looking at your list of failures, I see that some of them are
> still about *.dSYM, now relating to distclean. E.g.,
> t/yacc-bison-skeleton-cxx.sh shows:
>
>   ERROR: files left in build directory after distclean:
>   ./zardoz.dSYM/Contents/Resources/DWARF/zardoz
>   ./zardoz.dSYM/Contents/Info.plist
>
> I guess the removal list has to be updated in another place.
> If you have a chance to look into it, that would be great.
>

Well, my patch just updated the _AM_PROG_CC_C_O autoconf macro, so I
guess that .dSYM bundles still need to be added to the default list of
files that get cleaned? They get created alongside executables, so
whichever of the "clean" rules (mostlyclean, clean, distclean,
maintainer-clean, etc.) that executables get cleaned up during, any
.dSYM bundles whose names start the same should also get cleaned
during that same step... Kinda busy with political stuff at the
moment, but I'll take a look once I get a chance...

> Thanks,
> Karl