Subject: Re: bug#72843: make: *** [Makefile:1950: check] Error 2

From: Ileana Dumitrescu <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2024 21:19:56 +0300

On 27/08/2024 22:19, Pei Jia via bug-libtool via Bug reports for the GNU 
libtool shared library maintenance tool wrote:
> 
> I'm building *libtool* by following *LFS*. /testsuite.log/ is attached.
> 
> Please can anybody help to take a look?
> 

Thank you for your bug report! According to the LFS documentation [1],
the majority of the test failures are resolved after Automake is
installed. The only test failure that should need attention is:

66. Link order test (link-order.at:27): FAILED (link-order.at:106)

This is fixed in Libtool's master branch [2]. If you apply these
changes to the test/link-order.at, the test should pass.

[1] 
https://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/view/development/chapter08/libtool.html
[2] 
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/libtool.git/commit/?id=eb2a21cf2e1c56fd9461de67ef0ecccd66f478b9

-- 
Ileana Dumitrescu

GPG Public Key: FA26 CA78 4BE1 8892 7F22 B99F 6570 EA01 146F 7354