Subject: [bug#72840] [PATCH RFC] DRAFT doc: Add “Deprecation Policy” section.

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2024 12:11:53 +0200

Hello,

Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]> skribis:

> Thanks for taking the time to write this down.  It'll be useful to many
> I'm sure, including myself.
>
> Apart from the small things I've spotted above, it looks like a pretty
> good starting ground for a deprecation policy.

Coolio.  I’ve sent v3 fixing the typos you reported.

Let’s wait for another week or so to give people a chance to comment.

> One thought I'm having right now is that it would be cool if all these
> deprecation mechanism offered in the (guix deprecation) module were
> fully documented in our manual, and could be referred to from the above
> section/text for extra information; but this can be done in the future.

Right.  At least ‘deprecated-package’, ‘define-deprecated’, etc. will
now have an index entry.

Thanks for taking the time to comment!

Ludo’.