Subject: [bug#72839] bug#72840: [PATCH RFC] DRAFT doc: Add “Deprecation Policy” section.

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2024 19:38:00 +0200

Hi Simon,

Simon Tournier <[email-masked]> skribis:

> …Well, I’m just aware of this only now – thanks mastodon!  Why only
> guix-patches and not guix-devel?  Or do I also missed it?

My bad; as I told Noé, I thought I did advertise it on guix-devel, but
apparently not.

> BTW, that’s the typical subject for a RFC [1], IMHO. :-)

Sure.

> Why not try to push for crossing the final line of the RFC process first
> and make this as the first? ;-)
>
> 1: https://issues.guix.gnu.org/66844

That’s a question for you no?

I like to push things past the finish line in a timely fashion, so I
wouldn’t want this to be blocked by the RFC process definition process
(the process of defining the process…).

I already commented on the proposed RFC process.  I’m happy to further
contribute or even take the lead eventually when time permits, if you’d
like to pass it on.  It’s clearly the missing piece here.  We’ll get
there!

Ludo’.