Subject: Re: bug#72809: ms-windows: Copyright embedded into executable is outdated

From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2024 10:41:21 -0500

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> diff --git a/admin/update-copyright b/admin/update-copyright
>> index b9007100b35..23b78443ca4 100755
>> --- a/admin/update-copyright
>> +++ b/admin/update-copyright
>> @@ -77,3 +77,6 @@ updatable_files=
>>    -print) &&
>>
>>  build-aux/update-copyright $updatable_files
>> +
>> +printf "!! Please remember to grep for and manually update any"
>> +printf "!! copyright years that were not updated by this script."
>
> That's okay, but could you also update admin/notes/years?  That file
> seems to be severely outdated (e.g., it mentions files we no longer
> have), and I think it would be good to add what you say here to the
> text, including the list of files that need manual updates.

Done.

The only non-existent file I could find in notes/years was that XPM
image files no longer have a copyright year since commit b5b59d1b8af.
If you spot any others, please amend what I pushed.