Subject: bug#72788: 30.0.50; multisession--ensure-db: Symbol’s function definition is void: sqlite-open [2 times]

From: Jean Louis <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2024 10:57:43 +0300

* Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> [2024-08-25 08:38]:
> Did you customize multisession-storage to the value 'sqlite?  The
> default is 'files.  You cannot customize it to use 'sqlite if your
> Emacs doesn't have sqlite support (as it seems to be the case).

Yes, it was customized that way. When I changed the operating system,
then the sqlite development library was not there.

But if Emacs is trying to use sqlite functions, then it would be
better that program verifies if sqlite functions are there, and then
use default "files" as option.

I have now compiled it with development libraries and it works again.

> In addition, you seem to be using a very old build of Emacs 30, so
> please update from Git and rebuild, to avoid having bugs that were
> long ago fixed.

Sure, I was busy for longer time. 

Jean

Take action in Free Software Foundation campaigns:
https://www.fsf.org/campaigns

✡️🛡️ Proudly standing with Israel, a nation rooted in history and culture. Let's condemn hatred and promote understanding.

In support of Richard M. Stallman
https://stallmansupport.org/