Subject: Re: bug#72787: 31.0.50; Invalid describe-function completion candidates

From: Arash Esbati <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2024 06:56:58 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> From: Eshel Yaron <[email-masked]>
>> Cc: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>,  [email-masked],
>>   [email-masked],  [email-masked]
>> Date: Sun, 01 Sep 2024 19:41:47 +0200
>> 
>> Thanks, but the issue remains, so shouldn't the bug remain open as well?
>
> I reopened it.

Is it possible to revert this change on master as well until a new
working patch is available?  IIUC, Stefan noted upthread:

  I think this report makes it clear that
  45ae4de0e7ce99c88c62f940f605bca693b8e33f should not have gone to
  `emacs-30` but to `master`.  AFAIK it did not fix a regression or even
  a user-visible bug.

The current behavior is somewhat annoying.

Best, Arash