Subject: Re: bug#72781: Emacs 29 for Windows: Uninstall.exe deletes everything in the same folder as it.

From: Corwin Brust <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2024 11:06:56 -0500

On Sat, Aug 24, 2024 at 10:26 AM Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> > From: Corwin Brust <[email-masked]>
> > Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2024 10:06:11 -0500
> > Cc: [email-masked]
> >
> > Please let me know I must apply to the main branch (for Emacs 31), instead.
>
> It's okay to install this on the emacs-30 release branch, thanks.
>

Upon further review, I find the patch in question is applied to/for
emacs-30.  I have updates (via pacman) to make to my system in order
to publish snapshots for emacs-30 to GNU FTP/mirrors (to ensure they
work well with now current version of our dependencies). I'm starting
on that now.  Meanwhile...

Sylvan,

Would you be able (comfortable) testing with this set of binaries
from/for Emacs 30?  I believe the should resolve the "unexpected
delete of other Emacsian when running installer" issue.

https://corwin.bru.st/emacs-30/emacs-30-latest/

Note, my local CI is paused while I do the aforementioned updates, but
here's an invariant link that will exist for at least seventeen days,
JIC:
  https://corwin.bru.st/emacs-30/emacs-30-4211d8