Subject: 24.0.50; gail tooltip warning

From: Daiki Ueno <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 18:26:42 +0900

If I start emacs with GTK+ accessibility support enabled, I get the
following warnings:

 ** Message: ATK_ROLE_TOOLTIP object found, but doesn't look like a tooltip.
 ** Message: ATK_ROLE_TOOLTIP object found, but doesn't look like a tooltip.
 ** Message: ATK_ROLE_TOOLTIP object found, but doesn't look like a tooltip.

To reproduce, set GTK_MODULES=gail:atk-bridge, start emacs from a
terminal, make sure x-gtk-use-system-tooltips is t, place the mouse
pointer on a toolbar button, and wait a second.

After quick search I found a similar issue in Pidgin (solved):
http://developer.pidgin.im/ticket/2723
I'm attaching a patch based on this.

=== modified file 'src/gtkutil.c'
--- src/gtkutil.c	2010-10-01 13:56:33 +0000
+++ src/gtkutil.c	2010-10-25 09:11:18 +0000
@@ -670,6 +670,7 @@
   if (x->ttip_window)
     {
       BLOCK_INPUT;
+      gtk_window_set_title (x->ttip_window, "");
       gtk_window_move (x->ttip_window, root_x, root_y);
       gtk_widget_show_all (GTK_WIDGET (x->ttip_window));
       UNBLOCK_INPUT;

In GNU Emacs 24.0.50.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.22.0)
 of 2010-10-25 on localhost.localdomain
Windowing system distributor `Fedora Project', version 11.0.10900000
Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: en_US.utf8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Group

Minor modes in effect:
  gnus-topic-mode: t
  gnus-undo-mode: t
  which-function-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  iswitchb-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
<help-echo> <escape> x r e p o C-a C-g <escape> x g 
n u s SPC n o SPC SPC <return> y L m C-x k <return> 
<escape> x r e p o r t SPC e m <tab> <return>

Recent messages:
Loading /home/ueno/.emacs.d/init.el (source)...done
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Quit
Saving file /home/ueno/.newsrc-dribble...
Wrote /home/ueno/.newsrc-dribble [2 times]
Gnus auto-save file exists.  Do you want to read it? (y or n)  y
Reading /home/ueno/.newsrc.eld...
Checking new news...
Reading active file via nndraft...done
Checking new news...done

Load-path shadows:
~/.emacs.d/custom hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/custom
~/.emacs.d/socks hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/net/socks
/usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/site-lisp/skk/leim-list hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/leim/leim-list

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug gnus-cite gnus-topic nndraft nnmh
gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual gnus-msg gnus-art
mm-uu mml2015 epg-config mm-view smime password-cache dig mailcap nntp
gnus-cache nnir gnus-sum gnus-group time-date gnus-undo nnmail
mail-source format-spec nnoo gnus-start gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range
message sendmail rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mailabbrev gmm-utils
mailheader gnus-win gnus gnus-ems nnheader gnus-util mail-utils mm-util
mail-prsvr ccc finder-inf package uniquify deal which-func imenu recentf
tree-widget wid-edit easymenu iswitchb cus-start cus-load regexp-opt
advice help-fns advice-preload skk-setup skk-autoloads tooltip
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd
fontset image fringe lisp-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer
select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai
tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help
simple abbrev loaddefs button minibuffer faces cus-face files
text-properties overlay md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom
widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process dbusbind
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk
x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)