Subject: [bug#72766] [PATCH v2 2/2] gnu: slurm: Enable REST API.

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2024 17:31:50 +0200

Hi,

Arun Isaac <[email-masked]> skribis:

>> Another possibility would be to do the opposite: keep ‘slurm’ without
>> MariaDB & co., and have a ‘slurm-rest’ (?) variant with all the bells
>> and whistles?
>
> The problem with that approach is that I'm sure there will be more
> optional features to add to slurm. Then, we would have a combinatorial
> explosion of packages---slurm-rest, slurm-rest+feature1,
> slurm-rest+feature2, slurm-feature1+feature2, etc.

Not necessarily: that second variant could be maximal, where additional
features would be added.

> I am ok with having a slurm-minimal for all versions. That's the
> lesser evil.

OK.

There might be a third option: moving server-side code to a separate
output.  That way, perhaps client-side code (things like ‘openmpi’)
would not have MariaDB & co. in their closure?

Ludo’.