Subject: Re: [bug#72766] [PATCH v2 2/2] gnu: slurm: Enable REST API.

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2024 10:24:56 +0200

Hello!

Arun Isaac <[email-masked]> skribis:

>> Could you check how this impacts ‘guix size slurm’?
>
> The size goes up from 141 MiB to 407 MiB.

D’oh!

>> I wonder if we should have a ‘slurm-minimal’ variant or something?
>>
>> (That could probably come as a patch after this series.)
>
> Yes, I could add a slurm-minimal. Would you like to have a slurm-minimal
> for every version of slurm or just the latest?

Hmm!  The reason we keep different versions of slurm is because one
always needs a slurm client compatible with the version of slurmd
running on the target cluster.  And so yes, we’d need ‘slurm-minimal’
for each version.

But that doesn’t sound great so I’m not sure.

Another possibility would be to do the opposite: keep ‘slurm’ without
MariaDB & co., and have a ‘slurm-rest’ (?) variant with all the bells
and whistles?

Thanks,
Ludo’.