Subject: Re: [bug#72766] [PATCH 2/2] gnu: slurm: Enable REST API.

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2024 10:32:02 +0200

Hey,

Arun Isaac <[email-masked]> skribis:

>> I’m curious what the REST interface has to offer compared to DRMAA.
>
> I don't know, to be honest.
>
> I've started working on ravanan, a new implementation of the Common
> Workflow Language that takes inspiration from Guix and integrates with
> Guix for strong reproducibility.
>
> https://git.systemreboot.net/ravanan/about/

Nice!

> ravanan uses the slurm REST API to talk to slurm, and that's why I need
> this patch. I chose the slurm REST API over DRMAA rather arbitrarily. In
> the future, I could support both in ravanan. So, it's still good to have
> both.

I’m mentioning DRMAA because Ricardo wrote guile-drmaa for similar
purposes, and I think DRMAA is implemented by several batch schedulers.
But I don’t know whether it would be a good fit for what you need.

Ludo’.