Subject: issues with Flymake online documentation

From: Lester Longley <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2024 12:43:23 -0400

Hello,

I see two issues at manual page:
https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_mono/flymake.html

(1) in sentence "See Eglot Features
<https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_mono/eglot.html#Eglot-Features>
 in Eglot: The Emacs LSP Client Flymake is also designed to be easily
extended to support new backends via an Elisp interface.",
the embedded link
https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/eglot_html/Eglot-Features.html#Eglot-Features
doesn't work (404 error)
I think the correct link should be:
https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/eglot/Eglot-Features.html#Eglot-Features

The same issue is present at the "html_node" page
https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/flymake/index.html

(2) the section
https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_mono/flymake.html#Mode-line-status
is empty, when I view it in Chrome 127, on a Chromebook, or in Chrome, on
an Android phone.
Here's browser snapshot from Chromebook; Android phone gives similar view:

The "empty" section is a table:

    @multitable @columnfractions 0.25 0.75
    ...
    @end multitable

This results in what appears (to me) to be normal HTML for a table
(excerpted from Chrome's view-source)

    <p>The following statuses are defined:
    </p>
    <table>
    <tr><td width="25%">[<var>nerrors</var> <var>nwarnings</var>
...]</td><td width="75%">Normal operation. <var>nerrors</var> and
<var>nwarnings</var> are, respectively,
    the total number of errors and warnings found during the last buffer
    check, for all backends. They may be followed by other totals for
    other types of diagnostics (see <a
href="#Flymake-error-types">Customizing Flymake error types</a>).</td></tr>
    <tr><td width="25%"><code>Wait</code></td><td width="75%">Some Flymake
backends haven&rsquo;t reported since the last time they
    where questioned.  It is reasonable to assume that this is a temporary
    delay and Flymake will resume normal operation soon.</td></tr>
    <tr><td width="25%"><code>!</code></td><td width="75%">All the
configured Flymake backends have disabled themselves: Flymake
    cannot annotate the buffer and action from the user is needed to
    investigate and remedy the situation (see <a
href="#Troubleshooting">Troubleshooting</a>).</td></tr>
    <tr><td width="25%"><code>?</code></td><td width="75%">There are no
applicable Flymake backends for this buffer, thus Flymake
    cannot annotate it.  To fix this, a user may look to extending Flymake
    and add a new backend (see <a href="#Extending-Flymake">Extending
Flymake</a>).</td></tr>
    </table>

Just in case, I tried toggling light/dark theme but didn't see the expected
table appear.

A clue, perhaps, from Chrome DevTools is that Chrome seems to parse *two*
tables here:

Yet this same table looks fine here:
https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/flymake/Mode-line-status.html

Also, for reference, in "eww", this section shows the expected table:

I don't see any recent changes in
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs.git/tree/doc/misc/flymake.texi?h=emacs-30
which
might pertain to these issues.

Regards,
Lester