Subject: Re: bug#72757: No symbols in etc/NEWS

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2024 12:16:03 +0300

> From: Juri Linkov <[email-masked]>
> Cc: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>,  [email-masked]
> Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2024 09:27:17 +0300
> 
> >     M-: (modify-syntax-entry ?' "\"") RET
> >
> > in the NEWS buffer and C-h o seems to work everywhere.  I am not sure if
> > we want ' to be "string quote" or punctuation like " already is, or
> > something else.
> 
> Thanks, this looks like the right thing to do.

I made that change, but please note that it is not enough to show each
symbol in NEWS as the default when you type "C-h o".  This is because
"C-h o" tests symbol-at-point for being bound, either as a function or
a variable or a face etc., and if the corresponding library is not yet
loaded, those tests will fail.

If this is deemed okay, we can close this bug.