Subject: bug#72733: 29.4; Warning message while attempting to view customization buffer

From: tpeplt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2024 10:19:05 -0400

Emacs Maintainers,

   Emacs 29.4 appears to be running some (uninitialized?) code when a
sequence of sub-menus is selected.  This results in a warning message
about something that an Emacs user has not selected.  Here is a recipe
for reproducing the problem.  I have run this several times and gotten
the same result each time.

1. $ emacs -Q

2. M-x customize RET

3. The *Customize Group: Emacs* buffer is displayed.  In this buffer,
   select "Programming" from the menu of the Emacs group.

4. The *Customize Group: Programming* buffer is displayed.  In this
   buffer, select "Languages" from the menu.

5. A *Warnings* buffer is displayed in a new window.  The following
   warning message is displayed in that buffer:

⛔ Warning (treesit): Cannot activate tree-sitter, because language grammar for ruby is unavailable (not-found): (libtree-sitter-ruby libtree-sitter-ruby.0 libtree-sitter-ruby.0.0 libtree-sitter-ruby.so libtree-sitter-ruby.so.0 libtree-sitter-ruby.so.0.0) No such file or directory

Please let me know if there is more information that you need to
reproduce this problem.

--