Subject: bug#72733: 29.4; Warning message while attempting to view customization buffer

From: Phil Sainty <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2025 23:51:24 +1300

The case of `customize-changed' can be especially spammy with
these warnings.  I'm using GNU Emacs 30.0.93, and if I ask for
the changes since 28.1 then I get 15 warnings, each of which
is more than a kilobyte of text.

I'd say it's fairly likely that the user isn't particularly
interested in tree-sitter when using this command; but running
this command might be one of the first things they do after
upgrading, so it could easily look like problem with the new
version; especially if this is the first time they've used a
build with tree-sitter support.

If any exceptions are being considered, I think there's a
good case for `customize-changed' being one of them.

> And the warning is just a warning, and harmless.

Given that it's quite easy to trigger this in very tangential
ways, perhaps the warning should actually say that in order to
alleviate any concerns that users might have?

E.g.:  "If you are not using FOO-ts-mode then this warning can
safely be ignored."

-Phil