Subject: bug#72733: 29.4; Warning message while attempting to view customization buffer

From: tpeplt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2024 13:04:52 -0400

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>
> It's a known issue for which there's no simple solution.  We want
> users who load ruby-ts-mode to know that they lack the Ruby grammar
> library, which is what this warning is about.  And Customize loads
> ruby-ts-mode to allow its customization when you select Languages.
>
> We could perhaps shut up these specific warnings in that specific
> situation, but that doesn't seem clean.  And the warning is just a
> warning, and harmless.
>

It appears to be too minor a problem to add to the etc/PROBLEMS file
(C-h C-p).

If the maintainers agree that this is going to be a persistent problem,
then it might be worth adding a "Bugs" or "Known Bugs" section to the
Customization chapter of the Emacs user manual so that Emacs users can
read that this problem/behavior is known and not need to report it.
Maintainers would then be able to point users to this section, which
could include description of scenarios in which the problem appears.

(info "(emacs) Customization")

-- 
The lyf so short, the craft so long to lerne.
- Geoffrey Chaucer, The Parliament of Birds.