Subject: Re: [bug#72714] [PATCH v4] home: services: Add 'home-sway-service-type'.

From: "pelzflorian (Florian Pelz)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2024 13:42:42 +0200

Arnaud Daby-Seesaram <[email-masked]> writes:
> Hello Florian,
>
>> "pelzflorian (Florian Pelz)" <[email-masked]> writes:
>>> I’m still looking at the details of sway, so I could myself push your
>>> patch with confidence to guix.git, but would also be happy if others
>>> pushed it
>> Nice, NB: it is also fine
>
> I meant: it is also fine if you prefer to wait a few weeks for someone
> else with commit access to comment/push this patch (as I do not want to
> put pressure on you, and you said that you preferred not to take
> responsibility for sway in a previous email).

Thank you.  There’s no pressure on me, but I will be slow in my
investigation and responses.

"pelzflorian (Florian Pelz)" <[email-masked]> writes:
> Also note that the menu should default to wmenu instead of dmenu
> according to swaywm.org release notes for current sway 1.9.  Both are in
> $(guix build sway)/etc/sway/config, but dmenu got used, but probably for
> compatibility only.
>
> wmenu should be the only menu.

Sorry, I had not tested this yet.  Even though web searches point to
some obscure program called wmenu_path that must exist somewhere, it
seems your use of dmenu_path is what upstream uses.  I do not really
understand this.

Regards,
Florian