Subject: Re: bug#72704: 29.4; repunctuate-sentences ignores NO-QUERY

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2024 09:40:37 +0300

> From: Richard Stallman <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked],
> 	[email-masked]
> Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2024 22:32:30 -0400
> 
>   > If there is an active region, repunctuate-sentences works on the
>   > region.  The operation from point to EOB is only if there's no active
>   > region, which the above two commands don't support at all.
> 
> I stand corrected.  However, what other commands have this
> region or pont-to-EOB behavior?

The commands that I mentioned operate on the entire buffer or
paragraph, I think.

> What is the reason to prefer this behavior for it?

Well, repunctuate-sentences is a variant of query-replace (both
conceptually and implementation-wise), and query-replace does operate
from point to EOB if there's no active region.  And I think it makes
sense for commands that replace text.