Subject: Re: bug #7269: 24.0.50; opening a file via emacsclient -c <file> moves the mouse cursor to, the top left of the frames buffer.

From: Lennart Borgman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2010 22:48:52 +0100

On Sat, Nov 13, 2010 at 10:42 PM, Alain Knaff <[email-masked]> wrote:
> On 11/13/2010 10:39 PM, Lennart Borgman wrote:
>>>>> What application do you mean do not grab focus when you ask them to
>>>>> open a file? I actually can't remember any. (Except for GIMP which
>>>>> seems to have a bug there on w32.)
>>
>> Hm, this was a bit interesting regarding GIMP on w32. I have long
>> wondered why they do not fix the bug that it does not grab focus and
>> that it is also very hard to give it focus on w32. Apparently there
>> must be some misunderstanding in the use of the w32 API for focusing.
>> And it might be the GTK part that has a bug there. Anyone knows where
>> to file a bug about this?
>
> According to http://www.gtk.org/development.html, you can report GTK
> bugs at http://bugzilla.gnome.org/

Thanks. I see they have a lot of bug reports regarding focus on w32 so
I guess there is no use in adding my example too. (Some of them are
very strange, but I think I have seen those with GIMP.)