Subject: Re: bug#72684: 29.3; Wayland, daemon: window wont resize

From: Rustom Mody <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2024 09:07:11 +0530

On Mon, Aug 19, 2024 at 3:14 AM Jeremy Bryant <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> It appears you report this bug is hard to reproduce.
>
> Have you observed any other conditions where this bug is manifested?
>
> (Ideally a recipe starting from emacs -Q would help.)

Window system-emacs interaction misbehavior has been troubling me for
a few weeks now.
This bug is about the most reproducable I could formulate:
emacs -Q didnt have the problem; after that the normal emacs didnt
have the problem!!
Again it will surface at some point in unknown circumstances!!

Also I see it in my normal emacs usage ie. with fg-daemon more than if
I start emacs standalone.
But again even this is not properly reproducable

A worse one but even less reproducable was this:
I change to the emacs window with MOUSE.
But as soon as I TYPE, the characters go to some other window!!

This was so random I could give nothing else but a description so
didnt make a bug report. But I suspect its the same
window-system-emacs interaction problem.

If I get anyhing more reproducable I will submit but for now I dont have