Subject: bug#7268: closed (Re: bug#7268: 24.0.50; gpg and gpg2)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2010 03:22:03 +0000

Your bug report

#7268: 24.0.50; gpg and gpg2

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
7268: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=7268
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#7268: 24.0.50; gpg and gpg2
From: Daiki Ueno <[email-masked]>
To: Tom Tromey <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2010 12:25:49 +0900
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Tom Tromey <[email-masked]> writes:

> Emacs seems to use gpg in some places.
> My system has "gpg2" installed but not gpg.
> It would be nice if Emacs auto-selected gpg2 when available.

Thanks, fixed for epg-config.el in r102074.

> ./gnus/mailcap.el:      (viewer . "gpg --import --interactive
> --verbose")

This could be moved to mml2015.el and rewritten to make use of epg or
something.

> ./pgg-gpg.el:(defcustom pgg-gpg-program "gpg"

Since pgg is semi-obsolete, I would leave this as it is (patch & testing
are welcome).

> ./dired-x.el:   '("\\.sign?$" "gpg --verify"))

This could be moved to epa-dired.el.

Regards,
-- 
Daiki Ueno

Subject: 24.0.50; gpg and gpg2
From: Tom Tromey <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2010 13:41:41 -0600
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Emacs seems to use gpg in some places.
My system has "gpg2" installed but not gpg.
It would be nice if Emacs auto-selected gpg2 when available.

I see at least these uses:

./gnus/mailcap.el:      (viewer . "gpg --import --interactive --verbose")
./epg-config.el:(defcustom epg-gpg-program "gpg"
./epg-config.el:(defcustom epg-gpgsm-program "gpgsm"
./pgg-gpg.el:(defcustom pgg-gpg-program "gpg"
./pgg-gpg.el:			(make-network-process :name "gpg-agent-process"
./dired-x.el:   '("\\.sign?$" "gpg --verify"))

In GNU Emacs 24.0.50.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.20.1)
 of 2010-10-20 on parfait
Windowing system distributor `Fedora Project', version 11.0.10802000
configured using `configure  '--prefix=/home/tromey/Emacs/install''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=none
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Group

Minor modes in effect:
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  erc-list-mode: t
  erc-menu-mode: t
  erc-autojoin-mode: t
  erc-ring-mode: t
  erc-pcomplete-mode: t
  erc-track-mode: t
  erc-track-minor-mode: t
  erc-match-mode: t
  erc-button-mode: t
  erc-fill-mode: t
  erc-stamp-mode: t
  erc-netsplit-mode: t
  erc-spelling-mode: t
  erc-truncate-mode: t
  gnus-undo-mode: t
  erc-services-mode: t
  erc-networks-mode: t
  erc-irccontrols-mode: t
  erc-noncommands-mode: t
  erc-move-to-prompt-mode: t
  erc-readonly-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
f l a g s SPC o r SPC s o m e t h i n g . SPC SPC I 
t SPC w a s SPC o n <backspace> <backspace> c c o n 
c <backspace> <M-backspace> c o n f i g u r e d SPC 
f o r SPC A I X SPC 5 . 1 SPC b u t SPC y o u SPC a 
r e SPC r u n n i n g SPC A I X SPC 6 . 1 . SPC SPC 
M-a A l s o , SPC M-l M-SPC s a y s SPC i t SPC C-n 
C-n C-e M-b M-b M-b M-b M-b s a y SPC y o u SPC C-e 
T h a t SPC s e e m s SPC w e i r d . M-q <return> 
<return> T o m <return> C-f C-u C-p M-f SPC c o n f 
i g u r e SPC o r M-f M-f M-d M-d M-q M-} M-} C-c C-c 
q p c SPC M-g l g M-< SPC n SPC n n n q SPC E S-SPC 
E q s M-< M-g M-g M-g M-g M-g s M-g s <f10> <f10> <f10> 
<f10> M-g s C-p C-p g SPC N SPC SPC d q P SPC C-h c 
M-g M-g C-u C-n C-n C-n SPC C-p C-p SPC C-x o C-x 1 
C-v C-v C-v C-v C-v C-v C-v C-v C-v C-v C-v C-v C-v 
C-v C-v C-v C-v C-c b P q M-g s SPC E q s M-g SPC E 
q s M-g SPC S-SPC S-SPC E P E q s <f10> <f10> M-x r 
e p o r t - e m a c s - b u g <return>

Recent messages:
Generating summary...done
No more articles [2 times]
Expiring articles...done
No more unread newsgroups
Saving file /home/tromey/.newsrc...
Wrote /home/tromey/.newsrc
Saving /home/tromey/.newsrc.eld...
Saving file /home/tromey/.newsrc.eld...
Wrote /home/tromey/.newsrc.eld
Saving /home/tromey/.newsrc.eld...done

Load-path shadows:
/home/tromey/Emacs/install/share/emacs/site-lisp/flim/sha1 hides /home/tromey/Emacs/install/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/sha1
/home/tromey/Emacs/install/share/emacs/site-lisp/flim/hex-util hides /home/tromey/Emacs/install/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/hex-util
/home/tromey/Emacs/install/share/emacs/site-lisp/flim/md4 hides /home/tromey/Emacs/install/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/md4
/home/tromey/Emacs/install/share/emacs/site-lisp/flim/ntlm hides /home/tromey/Emacs/install/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/net/ntlm
/home/tromey/Emacs/install/share/emacs/site-lisp/flim/sasl-ntlm hides /home/tromey/Emacs/install/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/net/sasl-ntlm
/home/tromey/Emacs/install/share/emacs/site-lisp/flim/hmac-md5 hides /home/tromey/Emacs/install/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/net/hmac-md5
/home/tromey/Emacs/install/share/emacs/site-lisp/flim/sasl-digest hides /home/tromey/Emacs/install/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/net/sasl-digest
/home/tromey/Emacs/install/share/emacs/site-lisp/flim/sasl-cram hides /home/tromey/Emacs/install/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/net/sasl-cram
/home/tromey/Emacs/install/share/emacs/site-lisp/flim/sasl hides /home/tromey/Emacs/install/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/net/sasl
/home/tromey/Emacs/install/share/emacs/site-lisp/flim/hmac-def hides /home/tromey/Emacs/install/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/net/hmac-def

Features:
(shadow warnings diff-mode bbdb-sc supercite regi emacsbug thai-util
thai-word mailalias newcomment dabbrev jka-compr vc-bzr sha1 sha1-el
hex-util multi-isearch help-mode view shr browse-url gnus-fun erc-menu
erc-join erc-ring erc-pcomplete pcomplete erc-track erc-match erc-button
erc-fill erc-stamp erc-netsplit erc-spelling erc-truncate mule-util
bbdb-gui sort gnus-cite smiley ansi-color flow-fill gnus-async
gnus-bcklg qp byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile gnus-ml disp-table utf-7
nndraft nnmh bbdb-gnus bbdb-snarf mail-extr bbdb-com cl auth-source
nnimap parse-time tls utf7 netrc gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score
score-mode nnvirtual gnus-msg gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 pgg pgg-parse
pgg-def epg-config mm-view smime password-cache dig mailcap nntp
gnus-cache gnus-sum nnoo gnus-group time-date gnus-undo nnmail
mail-source gnus-start gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range message idna rfc822
mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047
rfc2045 ietf-drums mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win gnus
gnus-ems nnheader gnus-util mail-utils mm-util mail-prsvr wid-edit
noutline outline easy-mmode flyspell ispell eldoc epresent-autoloads
package reporter appt diary-lib diary-loaddefs cal-menu easymenu
calendar cal-loaddefs mouse-sel erc-services erc-networks erc-goodies
erc erc-backend erc-compat format-spec thingatpt pp smtpmail sendmail
bbdb timezone ange-ftp comint regexp-opt ring server advice help-fns
advice-preload u-vm-color vm-autoloads vm-vars vm-version bbdb-autoloads
tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar
dnd fontset image fringe lisp-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu
font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan
thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev loaddefs button minibuffer faces
cus-face files text-properties overlay md5 base64 format env code-pages
mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote
make-network-process dbusbind dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)

--