Subject: [bug#72654] [PATCH] gnu: Drop gobject-introspection 1.73.1.

From: "pelzflorian (Florian Pelz)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2024 20:01:51 +0200

Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]> writes:
> * gnu/packages/guile-xyz.scm (guile-g-golf)[native-inputs]: Likewise.

Yes, please. :)  That guile-g-golf is partially broken (*) is *not* a
regression and it’s still good to have your updated introspection tools.
gedit and gnome-builder work fine.

That’s on x86_64.  I cannot test ARM anymore and never had graphics on
riscv.

Regards,
Florian

(*) Running
$(guix build --source guile-g-golf)/examples/gtk-4/hello-world.scm
fails [1] when not using --no-grafts because gtk simultaneously uses
two gdk-pixbuf store items with different outputs, but this is not
permitted.
$(guix build --source guile-g-golf)/examples/gtk-4/drawing-widget.scm
fails because
instead of the vfunc, on Guix it runs random bogus code [2] on Guix and
crashes, but again, this is no regression.

[1] https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guile-user/2024-04/msg00069.html
[2] https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guile-user/2024-05/msg00013.html