Subject: [bug#72654] [PATCH] gnu: Drop gobject-introspection 1.73.1.

From: "pelzflorian (Florian Pelz)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2024 21:08:02 +0200

Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]> writes:
>> [1]
>> https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guile-user/2024-04/msg00069.html
>> [2]
>> https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guile-user/2024-05/msg00013.html
> Is there a report on this?  Maybe someone who works with g-golf ought
> to look at it – despite being a member of gnome-team, I'm not
> particularly knowledgable here.
>
> Cheers

The grafts bug in my assumption is Guix bug
<https://issues.guix.gnu.org/48907> as I wrote at the guile-user mail
[1].  There, Maxim thinks <https://issues.guix.gnu.org/64836> has the
same cause.

The vfunc issue is not in the g-golf version from Guix master yet, which
has no support for vfuncs.

In discussion with g-golf author David Pirotte, I failed to find the
cause so far and have not investigated further recently, except that
David’s other recent g-golf closure marshal fixes in new g-golf releases
do not fix this Guix-specific vfunc issue.

Regards,
Florian