Subject: bug#72639: closed (Re: bug#72639: does this count as a bug bounty? hahaha!)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2025 09:56:05 +0000

Your bug report

#72639: does this count as a bug bounty? hahaha!

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
72639: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=72639
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#72639: does this count as a bug bounty? hahaha!
From: Simon Tournier <[email-masked]>
To: Teekay Winter <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2025 11:55:03 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

Thanks for your report and sorry for the late reply.

On Thu, 15 Aug 2024 at 03:14, Teekay Winter <[email-masked]> wrote:

> ./guix/store.scm:1449:15: In procedure loop:
> ERROR:
>   1. &store-protocol-error:
>       message: "`/usr/bin/guix substitute' died unexpectedly"
>       status: 1
> guix pull: error: You found a bug: the program '/gnu/store/1wmypywvkyack95ndbq1a7i1lls4x7yf-compute-guix-derivation'
> failed to compute the derivation for Guix (version: "936928fe38946a7496273e636ca8888914d100a9"; system: "aarch64-linux";
> host version: "1.4.0"; pull-version: 1).

I think this bug

    https://issues.guix.gnu.org/issue/72639

is transient and/or part of the series [1].

Therefore, I’m closing.  Feel free to reopen if I’m missing something.

Cheers,
simon

1: toward a plan? (was Re: Reducing "You found a bug" reports)
Simon Tournier <[email-masked]>
Tue, 10 Sep 2024 16:51:09 +0200
id:[email-masked]
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2024-09
https://yhetil.org/guix/[email-masked]

Subject: does this count as a bug bounty? hahaha!
From: Teekay Winter <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2024 03:14:20 -0700
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

root@penguin:~# guix pull
Updating channel 'guix' from Git repository at '
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git'...
Authenticating channel 'guix', commits 9edb3f6 to 936928f (79,717 new
commits)...
Building from this channel:
  guix      https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git   936928f
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'...
100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'...
100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'...
100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
 bash-static-5.1.8  547KiB

                  802KiB/s 00:01 [##################] 100.0%
 glibc-2.33  7.8MiB

                 230KiB/s 00:35 [##################] 100.0%
 bash-minimal-5.1.8  538KiB

                 238KiB/s 00:02 [##################] 100.0%
 gcc-10.3.0-lib  3.1MiB

                 229KiB/s 00:14 [##################] 100.0%
 libffi-3.3  44KiB

                  418KiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
 libgc-8.0.4  208KiB

                  257KiB/s 00:01 [##################] 100.0%
 libgpg-error-1.42  209KiB

                  227KiB/s 00:01 [##################] 100.0%
 libunistring-0.9.10  481KiB

                  264KiB/s 00:02 [##################] 100.0%
 libgcrypt-1.8.8  428KiB

                  224KiB/s 00:02 [##################] 100.0%
 pkg-config-0.29.2  180KiB

                  280KiB/s 00:01 [##################] 100.0%
 guile-gcrypt-0.3.0  143KiB

                 325KiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
 guile-3.0.7  6.8MiB

                  2.0MiB/s 00:03 [##################] 100.0%
building /gnu/store/07fri003gj4dbjfgqbwny9bnwp6plj77-config.scm.drv...
building /gnu/store/8lg0si66n1zn5j7la91h4949axmwyv0v-git.scm.drv...
building /gnu/store/0zwyg0bggyr69gx0bvag3kv1nkmsk1di-hash.scm.drv...
building /gnu/store/qvzr4yj7qgfv5yzg9msbvkka8m5zj8xx-module-import.drv...
building /gnu/store/zj25g2kibim9zpqv5icys5awsfqd5q1f-module-import.drv...
building
/gnu/store/qaksvkkbb2s08yqjv3qxd0k5wm0viq8h-module-import-compiled.drv...
building
/gnu/store/kqq43skj773aa0lwkph74l0drc4qimq6-module-import-compiled.drv...
building
/gnu/store/8kz3p90f0zq7c5wdn06cai1slxqizg3y-compute-guix-derivation.drv...
Computing Guix derivation for 'aarch64-linux'... /Backtrace:
          16 (primitive-load
"/gnu/store/1wmypywvkyack95ndbq1a7i1lls4x7yf-compute-guix-derivation")
In ice-9/eval.scm:
    155:9 15 (_ _)
    159:9 14 (_ #(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#<directory (guile-u?> ?)
?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?))
In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
    152:2 13 (with-fluid* _ _ _)
    152:2 12 (with-fluid* _ _ _)
In ./guix/store.scm:
  2210:24 11 (run-with-store #<store-connection 256.99 1e7f9c80>
#<procedure 33ad2190 at ./guix/self.scm:1365:2 (st?> ?)
In ./guix/self.scm:
   1365:2 10 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 1e7f9c80>)
In ./guix/packages.scm:
  2083:17  9 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 1e7f9c80>)
In ./guix/store.scm:
  2210:24  8-(run-with-store #<store-connection 256.99 1e7f9c80>
#<procedure 3357cdc0 at ./guix/store.scm:2034:2 (s?> ?)
   2038:8  7 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 1e7f9c80>)
  2082:38  6 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 266c59b0>)
In ./guix/grafts.scm:
   325:16  5 (graft-derivation #<store-connection 256.99 266c59b0>
#<derivation /gnu/store/p3zxbrip87g8id1a9qdql0kd?> ?)
    287:4  4 (_ #<vlist ()>)
    175:4  3 (non-self-references #<store-connection 256.99 266c59b0>
#<derivation /gnu/store/p3zxbrip87g8id1a9qdql?> ?)
   177:20  2 (_ #t)
In ./guix/store.scm:
  1449:15  1 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 266c59b0>
("/gnu/store/p3zxbrip87g8id1a9qdql0kd2aahsa7g-guile-3.0.9.drv") _)
  1449:15  0 (loop #f)

./guix/store.scm:1449:15: In procedure loop:
ERROR:
  1. &store-protocol-error:
      message: "`/usr/bin/guix substitute' died unexpectedly"
      status: 1
guix pull: error: You found a bug: the program
'/gnu/store/1wmypywvkyack95ndbq1a7i1lls4x7yf-compute-guix-derivation'
failed to compute the derivation for Guix (version:
"936928fe38946a7496273e636ca8888914d100a9"; system: "aarch64-linux";
host version: "1.4.0"; pull-version: 1).