Subject: [Patch] Store canonical paths to project roots

From: Brad Howes <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2024 21:56:38 +0200

Tags: patch

Adapt 'project-roots' to always return a canonical path
in order to eliminate aliased values in the saved project
paths file.

In GNU Emacs 29.4 (build 2, aarch64-apple-darwin24.0.0, NS
 appkit-2559.10 Version 15.0 (Build 24A5298h)) of 2024-07-27 built on
 brh-pro-1.home
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.2566
System Description:  macOS 15.0

Configured using:
 'configure --disable-dependency-tracking --disable-silent-rules
 --enable-locallisppath=/opt/homebrew/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --infodir=/opt/homebrew/Cellar/emacs-plus@29/29.4/share/info/emacs
 --prefix=/opt/homebrew/Cellar/emacs-plus@29/29.4 --with-xml2
 --with-gnutls --with-native-compilation --without-compress-install
 --without-dbus --without-imagemagick --with-modules --with-rsvg
 --with-ns --disable-ns-self-contained 'CFLAGS=-Os -w -pipe
 -mmacosx-version-min=15
 -isysroot/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX15.sdk -O2
 -DFD_SETSIZE=10000 -DDARWIN_UNLIMITED_SELECT'
 'CPPFLAGS=-I/opt/homebrew/opt/zlib/include
 -I/opt/homebrew/opt/jpeg/include -I/opt/homebrew/opt/icu4c/include
 -I/opt/homebrew/opt/sqlite/include -I/opt/homebrew/opt/readline/include
 -isystem/opt/homebrew/include -F/opt/homebrew/Frameworks
 -isysroot/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX15.sdk'
 'LDFLAGS=-L/opt/homebrew/opt/zlib/lib -L/opt/homebrew/opt/jpeg/lib
 -L/opt/homebrew/opt/icu4c/lib -L/opt/homebrew/opt/sqlite/lib
 -L/opt/homebrew/opt/readline/lib -L/opt/homebrew/lib
 -F/opt/homebrew/Frameworks -Wl,-headerpad_max_install_names
 -isysroot/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX15.sdk
 -L/opt/homebrew/opt/libgccjit/lib''