Subject: bug#72611: closed (Re: bug#72611: [Patch] Store canonical paths to project roots)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2025 19:21:02 +0000

Your bug report

#72611: [Patch] Store canonical paths to project roots

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
72611: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=72611
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#72611: [Patch] Store canonical paths to project roots
From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
To: Brad Howes <[email-masked]>
Cc: Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2025 11:20:47 -0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Brad Howes <[email-masked]> writes:

> Thanks for the info. I see now my patch is not the proper place in
> which to do such a change, so I will withdraw it and close it.

I'm therefore closing this bug report.

Subject: [Patch] Store canonical paths to project roots
From: Brad Howes <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2024 21:56:38 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Tags: patch

Adapt 'project-roots' to always return a canonical path
in order to eliminate aliased values in the saved project
paths file.

In GNU Emacs 29.4 (build 2, aarch64-apple-darwin24.0.0, NS
 appkit-2559.10 Version 15.0 (Build 24A5298h)) of 2024-07-27 built on
 brh-pro-1.home
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.2566
System Description:  macOS 15.0

Configured using:
 'configure --disable-dependency-tracking --disable-silent-rules
 --enable-locallisppath=/opt/homebrew/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --infodir=/opt/homebrew/Cellar/emacs-plus@29/29.4/share/info/emacs
 --prefix=/opt/homebrew/Cellar/emacs-plus@29/29.4 --with-xml2
 --with-gnutls --with-native-compilation --without-compress-install
 --without-dbus --without-imagemagick --with-modules --with-rsvg
 --with-ns --disable-ns-self-contained 'CFLAGS=-Os -w -pipe
 -mmacosx-version-min=15
 -isysroot/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX15.sdk -O2
 -DFD_SETSIZE=10000 -DDARWIN_UNLIMITED_SELECT'
 'CPPFLAGS=-I/opt/homebrew/opt/zlib/include
 -I/opt/homebrew/opt/jpeg/include -I/opt/homebrew/opt/icu4c/include
 -I/opt/homebrew/opt/sqlite/include -I/opt/homebrew/opt/readline/include
 -isystem/opt/homebrew/include -F/opt/homebrew/Frameworks
 -isysroot/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX15.sdk'
 'LDFLAGS=-L/opt/homebrew/opt/zlib/lib -L/opt/homebrew/opt/jpeg/lib
 -L/opt/homebrew/opt/icu4c/lib -L/opt/homebrew/opt/sqlite/lib
 -L/opt/homebrew/opt/readline/lib -L/opt/homebrew/lib
 -F/opt/homebrew/Frameworks -Wl,-headerpad_max_install_names
 -isysroot/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX15.sdk
 -L/opt/homebrew/opt/libgccjit/lib''