Subject: bug#7260: 24.0.50; DEL screwed up

From: Richard Stallman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2010 08:22:38 -0400

> I think most people now agree that `C-x C-x' shouldn't activate the
    > region when transient-mark-mode is switched on, but nobody 
    > has actually altered that function to stop doing this.

C-x C-x is the main way to activate an existing region in Transient
Mark mode.  To make that require C-u will be a different pain in the
neck.

The change for C-d and DEL to delete all regions was too radically
incompatible to make made without polling the users first.  The right
thing to do is take that change out, then address the issue the right
way: by polling the users.

-- 
Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation
51 Franklin St
Boston MA 02110
USA
www.fsf.org, www.gnu.org