Subject: bug#72599: 29.4; Emacs crushes with segfault

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2024 15:17:16 +0300

> Cc: [email-masked]
> From: Andrea Corallo <[email-masked]>
> Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2024 04:31:52 -0400
> 
> Hi Anton,
> 
> how did you reached the situation of the crash?  Can you provide a
> reproducer for it [1]?
> 
> Do you still see this on emacs-30?  I believe there will be no more
> releases based on 29.

Right.

Anton, if you cannot try building the emacs-30 branch, then please run
Emacs 29 under GDB, and when it crashes, type

  (gdb) thread apply all bt

and post here everything GDB shows as result.  The backtrace you have
shown, with only the numeric addresses, can only be interpreted on
your system, so we cannot really do anything with that information
alone.

Thanks.