Subject: Re: bug#72597: 30.0.60; Eglot: MarkedString with embedded Carriage Return

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Sep 2024 08:44:04 +0300

> From: Daniel Pettersson <[email-masked]>
> Cc: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>,  Troy Brown <[email-masked]>,
>   [email-masked],  [email-masked]
> Date: Thu, 05 Sep 2024 23:32:08 +0200
> 
> > Anyway, if the solution is to be performed at this lower
> > level (which I think it should), then Daniel Petterson
> > jsonrpc.el maintainer should be added.
> 
> I might be missing something, but jsonrpc should not in my mind
> convert/format/encode any json data.  Any assumptions on line endings
> can only be made on header and content separators, not on the json
> payload itself.

That depends on the reason why the CR character appeared there in the
first place.  Are they required for the strings in questions, or are
they simply an artifact of how the server marshaled JSON data on the
wire?  In the latter case, the CR characters are the result of
Windows-style text writing, which adds a CR to each newline, and
therefore removing that CR should indeed happen where Emacs decodes
the EOLs of the incoming stuff.