Subject: Re: bug#72597: 30.0.60; Eglot: MarkedString with embedded Carriage Return

From: João Távora <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2024 13:31:37 +0100

On Mon, Sep 2, 2024 at 12:24 PM Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> wrote:

> > (advice-add 'eglot--format-markup :filter-return
> > #'init.el/fix-eol/eglot--format-markup)
>
> Thanks, but isn't the above the same as setting the car of
> process-coding-system for the Eglot subprocesses to 'dos'?

If that works consistently across all OSs and servers, it's
a much better idea.  I don't know how this works in terms of
jsonrpc.el though. I hope it doesn't mess up the byte count
of JSON objects transmitted back and forth, and only affects
how we interpret strings inside those JSON objects. AFAIR
the buffer where we do the JSON deserialization is in utf-8,
but it uses position-bytes for everything.

Anyway, if the solution is to be performed at this lower
level (which I think it should), then Daniel Petterson
jsonrpc.el maintainer should be added.

João