Subject: Re: bug#72597: 30.0.60; Eglot: MarkedString with embedded Carriage Return

From: Troy Brown <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 1 Sep 2024 16:49:04 -0400

On Sat, Aug 31, 2024 at 3:55 AM Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> Ping! How can we make progress with this issue?
>

Just FYI, for the time being I've been using this "return filter"
advice on eglot--format-markup which splits all lines irregardless of
the EOL marker and rejoins them with a newline.  It's a bit
heavy-handed, but it gets the job done.

(defun init.el/fix-eol/eglot--format-markup (value)
  (let ((strings (list value)))
    (dolist (eol '("\r\n" "\n" "\r"))
      (setq strings
            (flatten-list (mapcar (lambda (value)
                                    (split-string value eol))
                                  strings))))
    (string-join strings "\n")))

(advice-add 'eglot--format-markup :filter-return
#'init.el/fix-eol/eglot--format-markup)