Subject: Re: bug#72597: 30.0.60; Eglot: MarkedString with embedded Carriage Return

From: Felician Nemeth <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2024 20:32:04 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> Cc: João Távora <[email-masked]>
>> From: Troy Brown <[email-masked]>
>> Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2024 21:16:40 -0400
>> 
>> With the LSP language server I'm using, it's possible the language
>> server will return a textDocument/hover response MarkedString
>> containing "\r" (i.e., carriage return) for the line terminator when
>> the content contains multiple lines.  An example of a typical response
>> is as follows:
>> 
>> [jsonrpc] e[19:19:44.606] <-- textDocument/hover[38]
>> {"jsonrpc":"2.0","id":38,"result":{"contents":[{"language":"gpr","value":"type
>> Library_Kinds is (\"relocatable\", \"static\",
>> \"static-pic\");\rLibrary_Kind : Library_Kinds :=
>> \"static\";"},"gtkada_shared.gpr:37:04"]}}
>
> Does this behavior comply to the LSP standards?

The way I understand it, Eglot calls gfm-view-mode to format this text.
So even if the observed behavior is not in line with the LSP
specification, it is the fault of gfm-view-mode and not directly
Eglot's.

gfm-view-mode is part of the markdown-mode package, which is NonGNU
ELPA.